THERE ARE OLD BIKERS. THERE ARE BOLD BIKERS. BUT, THERE ARE NO OLD, BOLD BIKERS
Before we discuss the 1st OBJECTIVE of riding, let’s make the following very clear!!! You ride to live, to ride another day!! If that is not your objective, please stop reading as the rest of this article will NOT make any sense to you. Your chances of becoming just another sad and tragic statistic is very high.
You are in control of your life and you MUST be in control of your scooter or bike. Thus, if you feel that you do not have the necessary skills or experience, change that immediately.
- Ride in such a manner that you do not put yourself in unnecessary risk.
- Ensure your scooter/bike is mechanically sound and will get you to your destination.
- Wear as much protective clothing you can afford. Bare minimum is a helmet, gloves and sturdy shoes that will protect your feet. Obviously sturdy pants and a jacket, if you have.
- Get some training or get riding advise from other riders with more experience.
- Be noticed while you ride. Headlights on. Even wear a High Visibility jacket, if you have.
- Tell people where you will be going and what time they can expect you.
- Ensure you have the applicable emergency numbers saved on your phone.
ONE LIFE. ONCE CHANCE TO DO IT RIGHT
See the follow up article, 1st Rule of riding.